Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-17-01 (ext)
Principal Investigator: Mr. Biraj Gautam
Project Title: Upscaling locally manufactured Turgo Turbine: Dissemination and Demonstration (continuation of ENEP-RENP-II-17-01)
Total Projected Project Cost: 8,605,000.00 ENEP Funding: 4,770,000.00
Project Owner or Principal Applicant: People, Energy and Environmental Development Association (PEEDA), Lamju Galli, Buddhanagar, Kathmandu.
- Nepal Yantra Shala Energy (NYSE), Patan Industrial State, Lagankhel, Lalitpur.
- Electrical Energy Management Group, University of Bristol, Marchant, United Kingdom.
- Turbine Testing Lab, School of Engineering, Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel.
- Hydropower Empowerment Network (HPNET).
- Establishment of the Turgo turbine as a viable and market-ready choice for micro-hydropower manufacturers in Nepal.
- Improve access to the Turgo turbine for local manufacturers in Nepal and globally.
- Locally manufacturable Turgo turbine drawings for scale.
- Workshop on Turgo Turbine Design and manufacture.
- Turgo turbine system installed at site.