Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-17-01
Principal Investigator: Mr. Biraj Gautam
Project Title: Research and development to establish a commercially viable locally- constructed Turgo turbine for low cost renewable electricity generation in rural Nepal.
Total Projected Project Cost: 7,016,521.00 ENEP Funding: 4,744,301.00
Project Owner or Principal Applicant: People, Energy and Environment Development Association (PEEDA)
- University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom.
- Turbine Testing Lab, KU
- Nepal Yantrshala Energy
- Prototype development of pico-hydro Turgo turbine able to be manufactured in Nepal.
- Community testing and commercialization by enabling environment for commercial development and dissemination for production of affordable reliable and sustainable energy sources for rural Nepal.
- Locally manufacturable Turgo turbine runner drawings
- Academic paper on producing locally manufacturable components in Nepal, Turgo turbine design and testing.
- Academic paper on pico and micro-hydropower turbine costs in Nepal.
- Turgo Turbine pilot site.
Publications : NA