Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-18-01
Principal Investigator: Dr. Sunil Prashad Lohani
Project Title: A pilot study to produce bioenergy and fertilizer from Kathmandu University’s food waste
Total Projected Project Cost: 7,245,000.00 ENEP Funding: 4,800,000.00
Project owner or Principal Applicant: Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel Nepal
- Soil Water and Air Testing Laboratories (P) Ltd.(SWAT), Babarmahal, Kathmandu.
- University of South Eastern Norway, Norway
- Kingdom Bioenergy Pvt. Ltd. Brandon Avenue, UK.
- Develop and implement the waste management model for the management of organic and inorganic waste of Kathmandu University.
- Design and develop optimized pilot scale digester (incorporating laboratory results) with real-time monitoring system for better process control and monitoring.
- A household digester will be fabricated and disseminated into urban community taking consideration of the research outcomes.
- Pilot scale AD and laboratory scale plant and laboratory facilities.
- Household biogas plant will be fabricated considering the knowledge gained from the lab and pilot scale digester studies.
- Master Thesis from Master program in planning and operation of energy system, and few UG projects, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kathmandu University.
- Anaerobic Digestion of Food Waste at Varying Operating Conditions
- Cooking-energy transition in Nepal: trend review