Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-19-02
Principal Investigator: Mr. Surendra Bhakta Mathema
Project Title: Enhancement of design and manufacturing capacity of Francis turbine in Nepal
Total Projected Project Cost: 7,727,000.00 ENEP Funding: 4,800,000.00
Project Owner or Principal Applicant: Nepal Micro Hydro Development Association, Tahachal Marga, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Design Lab, Kathmandu University
- Nepal Yantra Shala Energy (NYSE)
- Development of a tool for generating industrial drawings of Francis turbines using parametric design and modeling.
- Fabrication and lab/field testing of a Francis turbine in the range of 500-1000 KW, produced with locally available resources and simplified processes.
- Development of procedures and standards for manufacturing Francis turbines for mini-to-small hydropower projects in the context of Nepal.
- Prototype of a Francis Turbine manufactured using locally available resources in Nepal
- Establishment of Facility in Kathmandu University Design lab for Francis turbine prototyping
- Development of experts for producing industrial Design and Standard procedures for Francis Turbine manufacturing
- Industrialization of locally manufactured Francis turbine by industrial partner.