Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-19-01
Principal Investigator: Dr. Bijay Thapa / Dr. Anish Ghimire
Project Title: Waste Based Sustainable Biorefinery for the Production of Bio-hythane and Bio-chemical
Total Projected Project Cost: 6,867,000.00 ENEP Funding: 4,800,000.00
Project Owner or Principal Applicant: Nawa Paila, Sisir Marga 11, Babarmahal, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Soil water and Air Testing Laboratories(SWAT Labs) Pvt. Ltd., Sisir Marga 11, Babarmahal, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The general objective of this project is to develop and implement a sustainable biorefinery system for the production of clean energy and platform chemical from solid waste.
- Conduct biochemical Hydrogen and Methane Potential (BH-MP) assays for biomass of interest
- Study two stage DG-AD for the conversion of bio mass
- Establish AD system for using dark fermentation effluents and biogas upgrading for bio-hythane production
- Operation of integrated DF-AD systems for the evaluation of efficiency
- Cost benefit analysis of the integrated systems for scaling up
- Strengthening of the capacity of the Nepalese Research Institutions and Laboratory. Indicators are upgraded laboratory facilities of SWAT and institutional strengthening of Nawa Paila.
- Scientific publications in international peer reviewed journals and scientific workshop.
- Research Training: Research Associate and Research Assistant will be trained in biorefinery field area.