Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-17-04
Principal Investigator: Dr. Bivek Baral
Project Title: Energy Efficient Building Design for Nepal
Total Projected Project Cost: 6,851,000.00 ENEP Funding : 4,795,000.00
Project Owner or Principal Applicant: Prof. Bhola Thapa, Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal.
- Innovative Createers Pvt. Ltd., Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Lund University, Lund, Sweden.
- To study the thermal energy performance of residential buildings in Nepal and analyze the ways to enhance thermal comfort through better design considering passive house concept.
- To develop energy efficient building design (planning) package for residential buildings in Nepal.
- To promote the implementation of energy efficient buildings design in Nepal.
- Computer model for thermal performance analysis.
- Year-round data of building envelope including temperature and relative humidity.
- Energy efficient building design guidelines.