Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-18-03
Principal Investigator: Dr. Biraj Singh Thapa
Project Title: Capacity and competence development for introducing Francis Turbine in Nepalese Micro Hydropower
Total Projected Project Cost: 11,126,500.00 ENEP Funding: 4,799,100.00
Project Owner or Principal Applicant: Dean, School of Engineering, Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Kavre, Nepal.
- Turbine Testing Lab, Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel.
- Thapa Engineering Industries Pvt. Ltd., Butwal, Nepal.
- Institute of New and Renewable Energy Technology Research Mokpo National University, Republic of Korea.
- Shinhan Precision Co. Ltd, Republic of Korea.
- Development of design and manufacturing procedures of Francis turbines for micro hydropower projects in context of Nepal.
- Local manufacturing and installation of Francis turbine at one micro hydropower station in Nepal.
- Technology transfer to Nepalese turbine manufacturers for design and manufacturing of Francis turbines.
- Procedure for selection as well as design of micro Francis turbine along with control system section guidelines
- Manufacturing of Francis turbine in Nepal by industrial partner
- Manual and guideline for manufacturing and maintenance of Micro-Hydro Francis turbine in Nepal.