Project ID: ENEP-RENP-II-NHI-21-01
Principal Investigator: Asst. Prof. Biraj Singh Thapa
Project Title: Incubation of Nepal Hydrogen Initiative Program (NHI)
Total Project Cost: 12,565,000.00 Maximum ENEP Funding: 8,500,000.00
Project Owner: Dean, School of Engineering, Kathmandu University.
- Build a foundation and institutional arrangements for incubation of the Nepal hydrogen Initiative as a consolidated program.
- Strengthen Green Hydrogen Lab at KU for academic and research engagement within the broad interest of business development possibilities.
- Develop demonstrative projects for technology transfer and adaptation of green hydrogen systems for industrial application in Nepal.
- Report/Roadmap on Green Hydrogen for Nepal.
- Initiate infrastructure and facilities for academic and research program in KU and commence Ph.D and masters research work.
- Demonstration of a hydrogen system model for industrial application and develop techno-economic assessment report.